Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, Northwestern’s Program on Food and Animal Law and Sustainability, and Northwestern’s Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center are issuing an open Call for Speakers for a conference, Animal Welfare and Climate Change: Intersections and Parallels, on Friday, March 29, 2024.
PANELS: Seeking speakers for the following panels:
– Panel One: Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Improving Animal Welfare in CAFO- and non-CAFO Systems of Food Production
– Panel Two: Reducing the Demand for Inexpensive Meat
– Panel Three: Green-washing and Humane-washing
– Panel Four: The Limits of State Initiatives/Power in The Animal Welfare and Climate Arenas
– Panel Five: Start-ups In Animal Welfare/Food Technology and Clean Energy
Looking for speakers doing innovative academic research, policy, and advocacy work. A focus of the conference is to explore what lessons can be drawn from the climate context that may apply to the animal welfare context, and vice versa.
Northwestern will cover reasonable travel expenses as well as one night of hotel accommodations for invited speakers.
– Please send a statement of your interest as a speaker and a CV to Allie Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Questions about the conference can be directed to David Dana at email@example.com
About the Legal Scholarship Blog
The Legal Scholarship Blog features law-related Calls for Papers, Conferences, and Workshops as well as general legal scholarship resources. If you would like to have an event posted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author
Mary Seitz – Barco Law Library, University of Pittsburgh School of Law