Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics at Harvard Law School presents today a Virtual Lecture and Panel: Countering COVID-19 Misinformation: The Impact on Health Care Providers
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, this panel discussion will be held virtually, as an online webinar. To ensure that you will receive access to the livestream and be kept up to date on any changes to the event, register now. We will send out a link to the livestream of the event to all registrants the day before and day of the event. Last registration is 11:30am on the day of the event.
The COVID-19 pandemic has sparked debates about a number of public health measures, including social distancing, masks, and vaccines. Social media has been the outlet for much of this conflict, and health care providers have, in many cases, been at the center of these debates, whether willing or not. Some health care providers report being targeted for publicly encouraging pandemic mitigation measures such as vaccines, masks, and distancing. In some instances, providers have been targeted on physician rating websites by opponents. In this virtual panel discussion, health care providers and policy makers will discuss these experiences and the broader impacts of social media on their work during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as strategies for responding to misinformation.
- Introduction: Carmel Shachar, Executive Director, Petrie-Flom Center
- Susan Benesch, Director, Dangerous Speech Project and Faculty Associate, Berkman Klein Center For Internet & Society
- Robin Cogan, MEd, RN, NCSN, FAAN, Nationally Certified School Nurse
- Shikha Jain, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Illinois Cancer Center, and CEO, IMPACT
- Moderator: Stephen Wood, Visiting Fellow, Petrie-Flom Center; and Acute care nurse practitioner practicing emergency medicine, Boston, MA
About the Legal Scholarship Blog
The Legal Scholarship Blog features law-related Calls for Papers, Conferences, and Workshops as well as general legal scholarship resources. If you would like to have an event posted, please contact us at email@example.com