The University of La Verne College of Law and the University of La Verne Law Review invites submissions and panelist applications for its aviation law symposium, Developing and Managing City/County Operated Airports. The symposium is scheduled for January 24, 2020, and abstracts are due July 15, 2019.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
– Land Use issues such as leasing of airport commercial spaces;
– Impact of environmental regulations on airport use and expansion;
– Best practices for implementation of noise abatement procedures;
– Contracting issues such as building renovations and new construction;
– Purchase of aviation equipment (such as helicopters for law enforcement); and
– Development issues such as runway expansion coordination with the FAA and the future impact on the community.