The Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth is issuing a call for original research papers to be presented at the Twelfth Annual Conference on Innovation Economics. The conference will be held at the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law in Chicago, IL. The conference will run from approximately 9:00 A.M. on Thursday, June 20, 2019 to 3:00 P.M. on Friday, June 21, 2019.
The goal of this conference is to provide a forum where economists and legal scholars can gather together with Northwestern’s own distinguished faculty to present and discuss high-quality research relevant to intellectual property (IP), technology standards, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
The conference welcomes both empirical and theoretical economic and legal analysis. This interdisciplinary conference will be composed of presentations by researchers in economics and law, and there will be discussants for the papers. In addition, the conference will draw audiences of academics in economics, law, and business, as well as legal and business practitioners, government officials, and public policy makers.
TOPICS: Topics of interest include:
– Antitrust and Intellectual Property (IP)
– Technology Standards
– Standard Setting Organizations
– Standard Essential Patents
– Innovation and Economic Growth
– Patent Licensing and technology transfers
– Incentives for Invention and R&D
– Incentives for Innovation
– Financing invention and innovation
– Venture capital
– International innovation
– Intellectual Property (IP) rights and public policy
Please note the following:
– Complete papers for the conference should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com
– Abstracts, incomplete papers, or proposals will not be accepted. The papers should not be either published or forthcoming
– The submitting author should be the one who intends to present the paper here in Chicago
– Authors of each accepted paper will receive an allotted speaker fee of $1,500 per paper, regardless of the number of authors. If more than one author attends the conference, the honorarium or travel reimbursement can be divided equally between the attending authors
– Due to potential funding sources for this event, the Searle Center reserves the right to structure the payment as either a speaker fee or a travel expense reimbursement up to the agreed upon amount
– The Searle Center will also reserve and pay for hotel accommodations for attending authors and discussants for the nights of Wednesday, June 19, 2019 and Thursday, June 20, 2019. Authors are expected to attend and participate in the full duration of the conference
REVIEW PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE:
Conference Papers Submission Deadline: Papers for the conference should be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2019.
Notification Deadline: Authors will be notified of decisions on or around March 22, 2019.